Important Points to Keep in Mind for Disaster Preparedness
Each and every single person, irrespective of their present situation must be knowledgeable about disaster preparedness. Make sure that you don’t think that a disaster, whether manmade or natural can’t touch you. No one is exempted to experiencing the dangers that disasters can cause. It is essential that you are well-versed with a whole heap of disaster preparedness tips so as to make sure that you will be able to survive the worse case scenario. Now, in the range of this article, we are not able to say all of it. There are just a lot of tips, on the other hand, we will tackle a couple of them just the important ones.
1. First of all, the most important tip is to make certain that you and your family has already planned a communication scheme like family disaster plan. This can be done in a number of means, but then again, one of the most essential is to make sure that you have at least one family member or at least a friend who is living far away who can contact all of you in case that you lose contact with one another.
2. Be certain that you know all of the ways for emergency evacuation as they pertain to your community as well as workplace.
3. Make sure that you know how to shut down all of the utilities such as water, electricity and particularly gas.
4. Make certain that you have an emergency survival kit or package in place for every member of your family that has at least enough supplies like medications, blankets, clothing, water, food and etc that could last for at least 72 hours or more.
5. And also, be certain that you have cash on hand since it is most likely that the ATM will not be working or the credit card terminals in case that a number of stores are still open.
6. This one must be a total must. Make sure that you spend some of your time to join trainings about CPR techniques and first aids. And it is certainly worth it to spend some of your time learning on how you can save your life or even someone else’s life.
7. Make sure to set a reunion point or a meeting place that is designated to all of your family members or household to gather at.
8. Be sure to know and understand that particular disasters are more susceptible to take place in certain areas and places. For this reason, find out what is most likely to occur in your area.